Today the enemy once again is trying to make me feel like a failure who is all alone. As I sat at my computer this morning looking through job postings, the enemy told me I will never be able to get a job that will support me and my family or even has value. I admit it is hard when I hear those thoughts going through my head. It brings back things my ex-husband said that I could not make it without him.
God whispers I am His child and He is my provider. He reminds me that I have survived the past seven years without my ex and that He has been my provider. I have to choose to remember those things or I can get caught up in the lies of the enemy. If He has done it in the past, then He can do it in the present. I choose to trust in God and believe that because of Jesus Christ I am indeed worthy. Yes, even if it means I am unemployed or have to work a low paying job. I am SO grateful God is in control and not me!
What about you? Is the enemy feeding you lies that you are starting to believe? As hard as it will be, don't believe them. Choose today to believe God-His truth.
Father, so often I feel like the boy's father who first exclaimed, "I do believe!"
then in a flood of sincerity cried out, "Help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24).
Please help me overcome my own unbelief, Lord, so I can start taking You at Your Word.
Beth Moore, Praying God's Word
No comments:
Post a Comment