I have a dear friend who has a rare form of mouth cancer. She cannot eat, drink or sing. It is a miracle she can speak. Singing has always been something she thoroughly enjoys. One of the hardest things with her cancer has been not being able to sing in worship to our Lord Jesus Christ. While visiting her this summer I asked her how I could pray. That she could swallow. This would allow her to be able to have something to drink at times. In addition to that I have been praying for her to be able to sing again (which would be a tremendous miracle). Recently she learned the cancer returned and has began more chemotherapy after only six months since the last round. From my perspective it doesn't look good but she chooses to continue to fight this. Her faith continues to grow and she continues to be an inspiration to those who knows her.
For the past several months God has used a music artist named Shannon Wexelberg in my life. I had the privilege of seeing her lead worship in person this summer. Although she has several CD's my favorite is I Have A Song. I have listened to this CD too many times to even attempt to count. Today I was watching a little boy of a single mom. As I was feeding him supper a couple of lines from one song from that CD came to my mind and I started singing. "Jehovah Shalom, Jehovah Shalom, You are my Peace, You are my Peace." I have sang to this little guy many times before but this time he looked at my quite intently. I figured he liked the flow of the song. As I was leaving his home my CD player started. Jehovah Shalom was playing. (I find that in itself a wow moment) As I listened to the words of the song (as I said too many times to count) one of the verses stood out to me like never before.
When the pain of my yesterday's before me
And the fear of the future floods my soul
You are singing over me
Deliverance and healing
You'll never let me go
Jehovah Shalom
Jehovah Shalom
You are my Peace
You are my Peace
I have been struggling lately with "the pain of yesterday's" and "the fear of the future" flooding me. Here I am 47, divorced, no job and a lot of past pain. The enemy has been trying repeating to bring me down. And at times I have been. But listening to those lines in the song (as if for the first time) reminded me that God knows the past pain and the unknown future not only for me but also for my friend. I don't know what the outcome is going to be for her but I do know God is in control. I know one way or another He is singing deliverance and healing over her (and me) and that He will NEVER let us go. He is our Jehovah Shalom. He is our Peace.
May this song encourage you!
No comments:
Post a Comment