i don't know but i know WHO does...
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Monday, February 18, 2013
Lord, do You know?
I have been leading a ladies Bible study, Brave, by Angela Thomas. The first week was "I Am Worn Out" and the second week was "I Am Suffering A Thorn." Throughout the study the Angela encourages you that it is ok to ask God, "Do You know I am worn out? Do You know that I am suffering a thorn?" And to allow God to be our strength. For the past several months I have been dealing with something that I wished I never would have had to deal with. I am worn out! I am suffering a thorn! Several times the past few weeks I have been asking...Lord, do You know I am worn out? Lord, do You know I am suffering a thorn? I have even thrown in there that I do not want this thorn to bear and that I am tired of being worn out. But at the same time I ask for His strength for today and He gives it. Not the way I want it or think I need it but just enough to make it through each day.
Yesterday He gently reminded me of something as I was singing this song at church.
You are good, You are good
You are good, and Your mercy is forever
You are good, You are good
You are good, and Your mercy is forever
God is good. Man is not. What I have been dealing with is not good but GOD IS GOOD!
This may be confusing since I haven't shared details but for me it was God wrapping His arms around me and holding me. It was my heavenly Father loving on this worn out, thorn suffering woman!
Thank You Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment