Confession #1
I know I know I should just be happy they do any laundry but, there are some things even a mother can’t be thankful for. I started doing something this month that I have seen my teenagers do many times. Pick up a piece of laundry, smell it and decide if they can wear it. I know what you are thinking….GROSS! Absolutely right! Who smells their clothes to check for odor before they wear it? If you wash your laundry, then this is not a problem. Well, have you ever left a load of laundry in the washer for say a few days before you put it in the dryer? Apparently, teenagers do.
They are teenagers and they need to learn consequences for their choices, right. So, if they want to leave their laundry in the washer for an uncounted number of days that is their business, right? WRONG! It was the load you told them to do that had your clothes in it too!
Let’s just say I smell my clothes before I decide if they are “clean” to wear! Oh, and if you are next to me and smell something funny, just say to yourself “Poor Penny, her teenagers did her laundry again!”
Confession #2
I had one of those “firsts” conversations with all three of my teenagers this weekend.
So, Mom, who do you think is "hot?"
Excuse me?
Yeah, what actor do you think is "hot?"
I can't even think of any actors?
George Clooney? Orlando Bloom? Brad Pitt? Leonardo DiCaprio?
Nicholas Cage? Shia LaBeouf? Johnny Depp? Zac Efron? Matthew Fox?
They kept asking me different names many that I had no clue who they were talking about. Even if I could think of someone I would not know their name or what movies they have been in. One of the girls asked me what young guys I thought were hot. Poor John about fell out of his seat because he thought she asked what young guys that I new personally were hot. He was sure I was going to name off which of his friends I thought was hot. I was quick to clarify her question to actors not John’s friends. He was quite relieved—we both were.
So, apparently I have to come up with at least one actor I think is hot. The sacrifices we make for our kids!
5 comments:
Oh my! Ha ha!! I can't help you there ... I don't know actors either! :-)
(And, frankly, don't care!!)
By the way ... the word verification down below here so I can post this comment is ... get this ...
enema
David James Elliott from JAG -- gotta love a man in uniform
Genny, what's JAG? Is that on PBS? 'Cause if it isn't, it won't ever play on my TV ....
Reporting from the land of the elementary,
sharon
I didn't know JAG was still on television.
It's on DVD now, people. Penny and Sharon, I've got to get you girls out more.
Post a Comment