What is the worst thing you think could happen to you?
Natural disaster
Terrorist attacks
Loss of a relationship
Financial difficulties
Health
Theft
Car accident
Death
Loss of a job
Recently a friend of one of my teenagers lost something very valuable. Not only was it something of monetary value, but it was very dear to her. It was devastating to her. What is it you think, oh this just can’t happen to me? What is it that has happened and you found out it wasn’t like you thought?
I have heard it said “When you come to the place that He is all you have, you find He is all you need.” Oh, I am in no way trying to say what happens is not a big deal. That it doesn’t hurt. That it was not heard. But afterwards you see how God used it for His glory and honor. the focus is different now.
Do we place too much emphasis on the comfort and convenience of our lives and forget it really isn’t about us? Each time I think I can’t make it if "this or that" happens, I realize I was right and I was wrong. I cannot make it apart from Christ. I can make it because it is His love and grace that gets me through and without it I would crumble.
I experienced another one of those “worst thing that could happen to me” moments this weekend. Although it is painful, I am making it. My heart is heavy and the words to pray are not there. I cry out to Jesus and pray His word back to Him. I have to make a choice to trust the Father even when my human eyes think He is doing it all wrong.
So, I ask you. What is the worst thing you think/thought could happen to you? Remember, “When you come to the place that He is all you have, you find He is all you need.” Perhaps we really think we need more than we actually do. May today we begin to make it all about Him and not about us allowing Him to work in our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment