I was given a copy of The Shack this year and I finally finshed the book. For those of you who don't know, I am not the reader. I was the student in the remedial reading classes in grade school. I realized when I started teaching my own kids phonics that I had never had phonics. I am convinced had I been taught the phonitic approach I would have enjoyed reading as a child and maybe even understood something they were talking about in literature class!If you have read this book, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it. If you have not read it, you may have to set your theology aside to finish the book and think of it as a novel. Either way let me hear from you.
http://www.theshackbook.com/index.html
2 comments:
I read it this summer. I would like to read it again ... as soon as the floors are finished ... and the walls, and the kids' homework, and ... yeah.
I thought about setting my theology aside several times, but I never completely did. I found it a wonderful read, challenging to the mind and heart, and full of grace.
No I don't think my theology was set aside completely either.
Yes, full of grace. The part that stuck with me from the first time I read it was "Forgiveness does not mean realationship." I have been trying to get Rebecca to read the book.
The author is coming to Southwest Christian to speak during chapel in November.
Post a Comment