Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What is a mother to do?

What is a mother to do when her teenager refuses to do something and insists "You can't make me?" I pushed but still did not budge, literally.

What is a mother to do when her teenager realizes her father really does not care? What is a mother to do when the father tells the teenager she was a mistake?

What is a mother to do when the father tells the teenager the wedding is not a choice for her?

When the teenager says I am so sorry. I should have listened to you. He won't change his mind. Dad is getting married Saturday.

I did all I knew to do. I cried and prayed and cried and prayed, asking God for wisdom. Asking God to be the healing balm for my daughter. Asking God to wrap His arms around her so she knows she is loved unconditionally.

Two are at youth camp. One stayed home. Pray my kids will begin to heal this week and run to the Father with their pain.

No comments: