Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Scary

Have you ever had something going on that no matter how it was explained to you it still was irrational? And the more you try to reason with others the more irrational their response? I am currently in the middle of one of those situations and (as Genny said) I don't like it. I don't know what to do about it, how to respond, or even how to pray. It is like being in a photo developer closet opening the roll of film. You can't see a thing and you have to go slow to figure out what you need to do. If you aren't careful you will ruin the roll of film. That is how I feel. I can't see what to do. I am trying to figure out what to do. I know my choice/decision can be ruins for those involved if I am not careful.

My son told me the other day, "Mom you're not the best driver." To me that means I am not a good driver. When I tried to inquire he told me I was a safe driver. I am not a risk taker. I play it safe. I would never make it on Deal or No Deal. I would reason how the amount offered is more than I have and take it before I loose it. I dont' want to take risks in this situation. Unfortunately, any decision I make will be a risk but at other's expense if it is not the one I should take. Again, I will say, I don't like this. I don't like just starting to get through one difficult circumstance and another escalates.

It is scary because I know there are others that are greatly depending on me. May I not move or speak until God clearly tells me to!

3 comments:

Peas on Earth said...

I second your prayer and do pray for resolution of some kind soon. I know waiting is hard, but God is sovereign even over this situation. Find your rest in him and act at his prompting. Love you!

Penny said...

thanks...it is amazing how the anxious thoughts leave when I rest in Him and all God to be God! Nothing changes but my attitude.

Anna said...

Oh Penny, I can identify with you on a number of levels. I too, usually play it safe and I am one that likes to know exactly what's going to happen. But, my life circumstances completely blinded, bound and dragged me on a ride that I did not want to go on. Just as you implied, I listened soooo hard for that still small Voice, and I finally heard His truth and saw His guiding hand inspite of my sin and mistakes. But usually, it was after the fact. I just took a determined step with the limited knowledge I had and realized later, hey, I am through this and I have laughed. I am through this and I have loved. I am through this and life has succeeded.
I know you will too. Love to you, my friend.