A teacher came into the library today and checked out a fiction book for herself. We made small talk about the book and then she informed me she really did not have time for it or want to read it but was being obedient. She went on to explain she is extremely busy with lesson plans, curricula planning, getting married, practicing making a wedding cake, and a funeral. She said God told her she is too busy and she needs to relax. I showed her the book I am reading, Leadership A Communication Perspective. For some reason she thought hers would work better.
Why is it that all of us are this way? We get so busy with “important” things that we neglect what is really important. Our relationship with the Father. Our relationship with those we care about. Or taking care of ourselves. This busyness makes us stress which creates even more stress.
This teacher and I talked for a few minutes about ways to relax and de-stress. What do you do to relieve stress in your life? Something funny? Serious?
Suggestions told to me:
Pop some popcorn without putting the lid on. (Sharon knows all about this but I think it added stress!)
Jam tiny marshmallows up your nose and try to sneeze them out. (Now this might be funny when you are with your teenagers and their friends. Embarrassing moment for them!)
Pop some popcorn without putting the lid on. (Sharon knows all about this but I think it added stress!)
Jam tiny marshmallows up your nose and try to sneeze them out. (Now this might be funny when you are with your teenagers and their friends. Embarrassing moment for them!)
And for those of you who think you have reached your stress limit.....

Next time the kids complain about having to share a room....
I have got to hide his twinkies!
Don't miss! Don't miss!


2 comments:
I'm not very good at de-stressing, either, but I think your co-worker was wise to skip the leadership book. ha ha!
Thanks for the pictures - they certainly do put our struggles in (some kind of) perspective. And the second picture - thanks! I finally have a face to go with my tech support people ... HA HA!!
Yes, laughing can reduce stress. Hmmm ... now, how to get you laughing ........?
That might be tougher than you think. My kids told me this week I dont laugh.
Post a Comment