Monday, February 2, 2009

Old "Friends"

Lately, I have been reconnecting with high school "friends." It has made me wonder how some were never close friends and others were. I guess it is maturity. I have chatted with people I knew in high school but didn't ever do anything with. It has been wonderful getting to truly know who they are!

Our 25th reunion is this year. For whatever reason I never made any of the other reunions, but I am planning to make this one. Although I am not sure how it is going to work out since it is the same weekend as t he youth home concert.

I have to confess it has been hard too. Their lives seem to be peeking and mine seems to be on hold until I figure out what I want to do with my life and what God wants me to do! People I didn't think knew I existed have contacted me through facebook. Kind, polite, and devoted to God. Just today I got a message from a guy who was in choir with me. To be honest, I was floored he even remembered me! He has a lovely family and is devoted to his wife. Beautiful couple! I am happy for him and the others but I am reminded I do not have that "best friend" each talks about. It is in moments like these I must choose to place my focus on Christ and not the "what ifs." Sometimes that is easier and other times it is anything but easy. I continue to believe God will continue to bring good out of a very painful situation.

No comments: