This week in one of my classes the topic was time. How people feel and react physically to time and the effects of time on physical well-being is known as biorhythms. Biorhythms have three cycles.
Physical cycle.
During the first phase of the physical cycle we are at our strongest and our energy is peaked, but during the second phase we spend our time trying to get up the energy to do something.
Sensitivity cycle.
During the first phase of the sensitivity cycle we experience positive emotions and get along better with people. While in the second phase we are less positive, less happy, and maybe even grumpy.
Intellectual cycle.
In the first phase of the intellectual cycle we are more alert, attentive, and responsive to information. The second phase we are slower at processing information, have difficulty retrieving it, and less alert. Our mental capicities are at a low and we spend this phase trying to recharge our mental capacities.
So, the next time your husband, kids, or anybody tries to blame your mood on your menstrual cycle, make sure you point out it is the biorhythms which you have no control over.
5 comments:
So are you telling me that it's okay to spend half of your life empty-headed, grumpy, and lazy? :-)
No, I am giving you something to blame it on! I didn't even bring up the owl and sparrow thing either. That is always something you can use to blame it on too!
Of course you are responsible for the choices you make but you can have options for where to put the blame!
What owl and sparrow thing? Are you getting enough sleep?
Always glad to have another excuse...
Sharon, I will try to remember to bring it to choir practice. You can figure out which you are.
Sleep? I am trying to remember what that is. I think that was something I did driving home tonight!
Genny, glad I could be of service to you!
Post a Comment