This is my first posting. Creating a blog was not something I was expecting to do. I have enough to do with three teenagers! However, my professor in my Technology class has other expectations. Creating a blog and maintaining it for the semseter is a requirement for the class. So, let me begin with the first assignment--five questions about myself.
1. What have you learned over the past couple of years.
I would say the things that stand out the most in my mind are God is in control regardless of what the circumstances look like, God is sufficent, and God loves me and my kids more than I can imagine.
2. What is your favorite quote? I love what Wayne Barber, a former pastor, says, "anything less than hell is grace." I think we forget that what we really deserve is hell, but instead we think about all the things we think we do deserve. We need to remember the grace given to each of us.
3. What is the most rewarding thing in your life? Apart from my relationship with Christ it is when my kids share how God is working in their lives revealing His truth and convicting them of sin and their excitement of Him working in their lives.
4. What are your hobbies/interests? I enjoy studying God's word and leading Bible studies. I am humbled God can use a sinner like me. I enjoy baking and cooking but dont get to do it as much as I would like. I enjoy singing but after the surgery I am having to regain my vocal range. I enjoy spending time with my kids and the excitement in their lives. John's humor. Rebecca's laugh. Patricia's hugs.
5. Do you prefer flowers or chocolates? Flowers most definitely! An arrangement of flowers is like a high five from God. It changes my outlook immediately. I am overcome with joy by God's beautiful blessing.
3 comments:
Great start, Penny! Good luck with your continued postings.I'll be sure to revisit from time to time to check up on stuff.
Very insightful! Your professor had you do more than a blog! Looks like soul-searching to me! :-)
Sounds like a neat professor. Welcome to blogging. And, be careful, it can become addicting. (but so much fun!)
Post a Comment