To: The Parents Of
It could be extremely important information or somebody trying to get me to give money for their cause. After all if you have a kid in public school, their name and address is given to anybody and everybody. One of my favorite is a letter I get a couple of times a year from my oldest daughter's school. She may be 20 but they still send me the important stuff. Like finals week is approaching and we would like to make your child's stay in the dorm less stressful during this time. Hello, she doesn't live in a dorm. Obviously, they are behind on their paperwork.Today when I went to retrieve my mail scattered across the floor (Nibby likes to catch it as it comes through the mail slot and choose where each piece lands and what condition they are in when they land) I had another letter addressed To The Parents Of, my son. Ok, what does the school "need" to tell me about this time. As I open the letter I discover it is mailed from the school district but it is in fact from a scholarship fund organization. You may be thinking parents can use all the help they can get in paying for college. However true that may be, it won't be happening from this organization. Why? You might ask. It is from the Hispanic Scholarship Fund and last I checked my boy ain't Hispanic. I guess the blond hair, blue eyes, and fair complexion isn't enough evidence. Apparently checking the "white" box for ethnicity isn't either!
No comments:
Post a Comment