Saturday looked to be another lead into another holiday that would bring back memories which would stir pain. However, I underestimated my children and God.
Wonderful meal with the kids...John grilled baby back ribs...probably his best yet!
Homemade strawberry cake and icing
Beautiful flowers compliments of John
Extravagant Easter Baket filled with tons of candy for me compliments of the girls
The dog did not eat anybody's candy (at least not on Sunday)
When things were brought up about their father, they handled it very maturely and it did not ruin their day. We may be on our way to healing. I say on our way because I don't know they will ever completely heal because there is no closure. I think for the kids it may be harder than death. Either way, my kids do not have their dad. No it doesn't go away. I saw it this weekend with the one that usually is the most optimistic one. They miss their dad, the dad they knew.
Thank you God we are on our way to healing! And forgive me for underestimating.
No comments:
Post a Comment