Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Boy Is Growing Up

Not only can my son grill...

But today John took his written driving test. He officially has a permit and can drive (as long as an adult is with him). He is rejoicing. Perhaps because I told him he had to walk home from school until he took that test! The cold rain helped with the motivation.
Not sure what it is with teens. Many are not in any hurry to get their license. John turned 16 in December and it was time for the boy to take steps in the direction of getting his license. I have decided I am going to enjoy the teenage driving days and it is my turn to have my kids chauffeur me around wherever I want to go!

On top of his permit today, he received a surprise. God graciously provided a vehicle for him. Yes, I did allow him to drive around the block on our way home after getting the car. Surprisingly, it did not stir as much anxiety as I had thought it would!

So, if you see us driving, get out of the way and don't draw attention to yourself because my boy is the social one and will have to wave at you but his mama may be about to have a heart attack because he isn't watching where he is going! And if you do happen to see him and his "new" car ask him who "jacked" his stereo and speakers?!

1 comment:

Genny said...

Thanks for a visual of the car. We'll know what to watch out for!